Licenses for Wedding Venues in Delhi


Legal Licenses And Permissions Required For Your Indian Wedding – The Complete List!

We know wedding planning can be stressful! While you’re so busy selecting that perfect lehenga and choosing the best caterers, some important details may slip your mind – like all the legalities! Because they are just so many, it’s easy to get confused. But worry not, we’ve made a list of all legal licenses and permissions you would need to carry out a wedding or any similar event in India. Holds good for your sangeet night as well!

PPL license

Phonographic Performance Ltd.
A PPL license can be customized for each licensee. It allows one to play sound recordings in public according to your circumstance.


Indian Performing Right Society
The business of IPRS is to issue licenses to users of music and collect royalties from them, on behalf of its members i.e. the authors, the composers and the publishers of music and distribute this royalty amongst them after deducting its administrative costs.

Loud Speaker License

Such permission is required to be taken for private/ public functions held in private/public places. It can be obtained from your local police station.

Premises License

A premises license is required to authorize the use of premises for licensable activities.

Performance License

Public performance license is a legal necessity for playing music in any format-live performance or playing recorded soundtracks in any public place or commercial establishments. The royalty share, which the government receives by issuing the license, goes to the music creators and publishers.


  • NOC from the Traffic Department

  • NOC from the Fire Brigade Department

  • NOC from the electrical inspector

  • NOC from the Health Department